The Materials Management Department, located in
the Dorland Building, provides a number of services to
the university community through the following departmental
- Stores Resale Inventory—consisting
of food, office supplies, commodities, and
- Storage/Warehousing—of university
forms, catalogs, and production supplies for various
university departments; surplus equipment and resale
- Central Receiving—receipt and processing
of most goods purchased by and sent to the university.
- Shipments Off Campus—the shipment
of an item ordered by or owned by the university to
an off-campus location.
- Moving and Delivery—movement of
furniture, equipment, and supplies within and between
buildings owned and/or operated by the university and
pickups and deliveries to and from off-campus locations
of items purchased and received by Central Receiving
or sold through the Stores resale programs.
- Property Control—movable equipment
identification, recording as to assigned location, and
monitoring according to state regulations.
- Business Records Archives—controlled
storage for business records retained due to statutory
and/or university regulations by departments within
the Finance, Facilities and Operations Division.
- Surplus Equipment Pool—furnishings
and equipment surplused to the Property Control Department
by university departments for reassignment or disposition
to the State Surplus Depot in Springfield.
- Campus Mail Services—processing
and delivery of U.S. and interoffice mail received by
or sent to the university, including postage cost charge
back to departments, (see Procedure 13-1).
- Furniture Repair Services--renovation
and repair services for university-owned furnishings,
including furniture, carpeting, drapery, and window
- Furniture Resale Inventory - consisting of new and used office furniture for sale to university departments at a reduced price.