"Parking Permit Loss Report" Form Instructions
If you have lost your parking permit or think it has been stolen, please fill
out the Parking
Permit Loss Report and return it to Campus Parking Services immediately.
At the time the form is turned in you can either:
- Request a temporary parking permit for up to 2 weeks (at no charge) to allow
you time to try find your permit.
- Note: If your permit is not found at the end of the two weeks you will
need to purchase a replacement permit for $10.
- Purchase a replacement permit for $10. If your permit is found before it
expires, you are eligible to receive a refund for the replacement permit when
the lost permit is returned to Campus Parking Services.
Please complete the Parking Permit Loss Report;. The following fields
must be filled in by the complainant:
- Student "Z" ID number or employee number
- Day and evening telephone numbers
- Date the permit was lost or stolen
- Place occurred
- Parking permit number (if you are not sure of the number, Campus Parking
Services can look it up for you)
- Check the appropriate box: Lost or Stolen
- Describe where your vehicle was when the incident occurred. Any information
can aid in the recovery of your permit.
- Sign your name in the box "Signature of Complainant"
When this form is received by Campus Parking Services, the customer service
representative will sign as Witness and document the date and time the report
was submitted. This form will then be submitted to NIU Public Safety to be assigned
a case number.
If you find your lost permit, contact Campus Parking Services immediately.
DO NOT USE THIS PERMIT. A Campus Parking Services representative will assist
you in the proper procedure to follow. If you have any questions, please contact
Campus Parking Services at (815) 753-1045.